Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Head-Neck Nurses, Inc. (SOHN)
- Launched Spotlight on Care of Older Adults section of SOHN Web site
- Incorporated aging content to SOHN Core Curriculum
- Appointed geriatric content editor for ORL-Head and Neck Nursing
- Initiated a Nurse Competence in Aging Award for members who have demonstrated outstanding commitment to care for older adults
Publications and Position Statements
- *Inclusion of the "Try This" column in SOHN's newsletter known as UPDATE.
- *Spring 2002 ORL-Head and Neck Nursing Journal, was "dedicated to geriatric nursing care as it relates to the specialty of otorhinolaryngology."
Presentations, Workshops and Seminars
- *In addition to national activities, several SOHN chapters across the country have undertaken programs that are in part or whole dedicated to gerontology content.
- SOHN will establish a Geriatric Lectureship for ORL Nursing at upcoming annual meetings.
- SOHN will review existing scopes and standards for ORL nursing practice with the Nursing Practice Committee and make recommendations to incorporate content specific to geriatrics.
Special Interest Groups
- *SOHN has developed a Geriatric Special Interest Group (SIG).
- SOHN will present Nurse Competence in Aging Awards to members who have demonstrated outstanding commitment to care for older adults.
Note:*indicates activities that occurred prior to NCA grant funding
Bold text indicates activities that occurred after NCA grant funding